Spacemacs users, how did you get your org-roam buffer looking nice, like it does in Doom Emacs?

My org roam buffer is quite ugly in spacemacs, and basically useless, however it looks quite nice in doom emacs, when pointing to the same org-roam directory.

First, it was completely useless until I switched off global-page-break-lines-mode (see github /org-roam/org-roam/issues/1772). Now it’s at least usable, however I’d like to configure it to look very nice and usable like it does in doom emacs.

Here’s how it looks for me in spacemacs:

Since I can only upload one picture at once, I will upload how it looks in doom emacs in the reply to this post.

I’m less concerned with font faces and more really into the automated indenting in the doom version, as well as the fact that in doom, the org roam buffer automatically refreshes when I change. Also, in Doom the buffer just functions like an org file, and I can move around it quite easily, whereas in Spacemacs I constantly get errors if I press SPC for example to run an arbitrary command (Wrong type argument: commandp, spacemacs-cmds). I also like how in doom emacs, the lines actually wrap. I also like how in doom emacs, the heading a backlink is under, is listed in an indented list format, rather than in parentheses after the filename. I feel like I must have accidentally seriously misconfigured something when installing org roam.

Any ideas on how to make this prettier?

My spacemacs config: github /komali2/Configs/blob/master/emacs/.spacemacs

My Doom config: github /komali2/Configs/tree/master/emacs/.doom.d

Emacs: GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2023-11-14
Spacemacs: Spacemacs v.0.999.0

Issue thread on spacemacs repo where I’m tracking my efforts How can I make org-roam's buffer look useful and nice like it does in doom emacs? · Issue #16519 · syl20bnr/spacemacs · GitHub