Putting Daily Notes in a folder

I’ve been playing with Obsidian for kicks and one thing I found useful was the ability to configure the creation of Daily Notes within a specific folder. I know, “file names don’t matter”, but sometimes they do, and the daily notes Org documents are piling up and can feel in the way on those occasions when I’m just scrolling around looking for a topic document via Dropbox or some other app. I’d love to have them tucked away into their own folder somehow.

So, (setq org-roam-dailies-folder "daily-notes/") or something similar would be helpful to me.

You can set the org-roam-dailies-capture-templates, the same way you would modify org-roam-capture-templates. So in your case, you could do something like:

(setq org-roam-dailies-capture-templates '(("d" "daily" plain (function org-roam-capture--get-point) ""
                                            :immediate-finish t
                                            :file-name "dailies/%<%Y-%m-%d>"
                                            :head "#+TITLE: %<%Y-%m-%d>")))
1 Like

I should’ve known there was an easy solution right there already! :slight_smile:

Thanks for this (and everything else).

Oh, and then I fired up dired, marked all the daily files with %m2020-, moved them into dailies/ and all the links and backlinks still work.

I let out a happy little yelp :slight_smile:

2 Likes