No backlink found after migration to V2

Hi,

I’ve just migrated to V2 and org-roam-buffer-toggle shows no backlink.

I have 2 org-roam files:

• main.org (in org-roam-directory) starts with some PROPERTIES containing ID and is followed by #+title and #+created:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :ID:       9b7cd965-a59e-43ff-b587-97b00086374b
     :END:
     #+title: Some title
     #+created: <2021-07-11 Sun 11:30>

• secondary.org (in org-roam-directory as well) starts with some PROPERTIES containing ID and is followed by an org heading and then a ID link to main.org’s ID:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :ID:       36f128e0-0c8a-4381-9e3f-d3503a1eceea
    :END:
    #+title: 2021-09-23
    * Another title

[[id:9b7cd965-a59e-43ff-b587-97b00086374b][main]]

In main.org, when I call M-x org-roam-buffer-toggle, I get a new buffer with a header line containing main.org's title.

Expected: this buffer should contain a link to secondary.org because secondary.org links back to main.org
Actual: this buffer doesn’t contain anything beyond the header line.

Looks like your db was not updated when you saved the second file — has it been saved?
To verify this assumption, make sure you have saved the second file and do M-x org-roam-db-sync. It should give you a message indicating the db has been updated.

If this works, check if you have activated the org-roam-db-autosync-mode minor mode. It is responsible for updating db when you save a file in org-roam-directory. If this is the cause of your issue, you can activate it in your init file.

1 Like

I’m sorry I missed this part when reading migration guides. Thank you very much.

1 Like