I’ve been using v2 for months with no problems.
I have a file at
org-roam/tech/concurrent_programming.org with the following header:
:PROPERTIES: :ID: a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb :END:
The ID is unique; no other file has a header with the same ID line.
When I create a link to it, the link looks like this:
When I try to follow the link, I get this:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cannot find entry with ID \"a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570...") signal(error ("Cannot find entry with ID \"a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570...")) error("Cannot find entry with ID \"%s\"" "a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb") org-id-open("a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb" nil) org-link-open((link (:type "id" :path "a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb" :format bracket :raw-link "id:a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb" :application nil :search-option nil :begin 801 :end 868 :contents-begin 844 :contents-end 866 :post-blank 0 :parent (headline (:raw-value "[[id:a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb][concurr..." :begin 798 :end 869 :pre-blank 0 :contents-begin nil :contents-end nil :level 2 :priority nil :tags nil :todo-keyword nil :todo-type nil :post-blank 0 :footnote-section-p nil :archivedp nil :commentedp nil :post-affiliated 798 :title "[[id:a0f72fa0-6930-4b6b-a570-93a4748895bb][concurr...")))) nil) org-open-at-point(nil) funcall-interactively(org-open-at-point nil) call-interactively(org-open-at-point nil nil) command-execute(org-open-at-point)
I can create and follow other links with no problem, including links to new files.
After some initial trouble, I ran
org-roam-db-clear-all followed by
org-roam-db-sync, which I imagine destroys and rebuilds the db from scratch. It didn’t seem to change anything – I still get at least roughly the same behavior, although it’s possible the error message differs somewhere I didn’t notice.
 Strangely, whenever I tried that from a certain Emacs instance, it would get 17% through the files and then bork, with an error I didn’t record. But then I tried
org-roam-db-sync from a different Emacs instance and it worked fine.