Shouldn't setting `org-roam-verbose` to nil silence `org-roam-db-sync` messages?

I’m trying to disable what I believe is a message sent when org-roam-db-sync is run (especially when run after enabling org-roam-db-autosync-mode. The message is “Processing files… done”, and it appears in the definition of org-roam-db-sync.

I would have thought setting org-roam-verbose to nil would take care of it, but it doesn’t seem to. And looking at the definition of org-roam-db-sync, it doesn’t seem as if that function behaves any differently depending on the value of org-roam-verbose.

Any thoughts on how I could silence those messages?

org-roam-verbose only controls the output of some debug messages, the “Processing files” message is output by dolist-with-progress-reporter and is not governed by that variable.

You can follow this method for silencing outputs for certain functions:

Thanks, this is very helpful. If I may, however, I’d like to place a vote for something like the org-roam-verbose variable that disables the “Processing files” messages. If that’s not something you’d be interested in implementing, it might be helpful to at least do like e.g. Yasnippet, and add something to the message so the user knows that the thing that finished processing files was org-roam and not something else. (It took me a little while to figure out the source of that “Processing files” message.)

(Many thanks for your work on this package, by the way!)