Project Name Change

I agree that it should be renamed. org-roam sounds like its meant to be a replica of roam research, which it is not. This is a little misleading, and opens the project up to cease & desists.
A few suggestions that I think capture the core network-of-notes functionality:

org-nexus
org-net
org-mesh

I like org-nexus the best.

It captures the mechanical aspect: “a series of connections linking two or more” org files.
It also captures the projects motivations: “the central and most important” part of the users knowledge management workflow.

oops, didn’t realize this had already been suggested, and that the poll is already closed.

I support changing the name eventually. At the very least the description on github ‘Rudimentary Roam replica’ should probably be changed…(maybe just use the description on https://www.orgroam.com/? ’ A plain-text personal knowledge management system.’) I just don’t want to see @jethro and co’s awesome work get hit with legal issues, but I get that there’s more important things to focus on than this.

A few names I thought up in case there’s another name poll in the future:

1. org-grok
    The package helps you grok things. You can also do bacronyms like Gracefully Roam Org Knowledge.

2. org-galaxy
    Because you become galaxy brained when using the package. Also the org roam graphs look kind of like stars when zoomed out.

3. org-bliss
    One of the main features is bidirectional links. Bidirectional LInk Super System or a similar bacronym (e.g. one of the s’s could be Slipbox instead)

4. org-rogue
    Fits the vibe of package names like evil, swiper. There’s a ‘ro’ in ‘rogue’ so there’s probably a fitting bacronym in there somewhere.
    (I guess we might have to check if this guy is ok with it.)

1 Like

I like org-galaxy (and the reasons given).