Problems with org-roam-db-autosync-mode

Hi;

I’m very new to org-roam. I had a few files in v1, but I’ve moved them and the v1 database aside. I’ve newly installed v2 from elpa.

But I’m having a problem with the initialization as proposed in the user manual. Specifically, the step given here.

Next, we setup Org-roam to run functions on file changes to maintain cache consistency. This is achieved by running `M-x org-roam-db-autosync-mode~` . To ensure that Org-roam is available on startup, place this in your Emacs configuration:

(org-roam-db-autosync-mode)

Doesn’t work. It says it’s a void-function.

Any ideas?

However, I can manually build the database (which is empty, at the moment) using the next step suggested in the manual, viz…

To build the cache manually, run `M-x org-roam-db-sync` . Cache builds may take a while the first time, but subsequent builds are often instantaneous because they only reprocess modified files.

So I guess I could just it by hand for now.

I should say, this is actually installed from melpa-stable.

I notice that the .info files installed from melpa disagree with what’s at Org-roam User Manual, specifically the required components of the capture templates.

Perhaps I should install from sources.

You might like to use MELPA (not MELPA-stable) if you are prepared to use source.

Thanks.

The emacs package manager says that the org-roam at melpa is ‘obsolete’. However, I don’t know if it’s saying that only because I have the one from melpa-stable installed. I don’t know the algorithm used for saying something is `obsolete.’

Alas, no joy: org-roam-db-autosync-mode is still a void-function whether from melpa or melpa-stable and grepping the source code finds no reference to that function.

And off to the source I go!

late: It is in the source code of the repo I cloned from source, however.