How to archive a website linked to a note

Hi! I’m not even sure this is possible, but I’d like some way to download the text or html of a site if I am creating a card based off that article. Is that possible? I know that the interface that allows me to search by paper title will grab a PDF of that paper if it is availalble. I’m thinking something like that but for webpages.

The concern is how much of the web is on personal blogs that come and go. I suppose the same thing could be solved by grabbing the Wayback Machine URL as an archive of any page.

I use org-board for this purpose: https://github.com/scallywag/org-board, it works well for my purposes.

2 Likes

“The” text of a website is often subject to interpretation. An automatic tool like org-board sounds nice to me – but if you find it’s not clipping what you want, you can always open the page in Emacs using eww and then select exactly what you want.

I really like eww. It won’t draw ads, it won’t override the text search shortcut you’re used to, you can screw with the display size and toggle truncate lines – everything you’d expect from Emacs.