Package release: Org-Roam-UI

I’ve seen some users create sort of ‘navigation’ hierarchy which IMHO can be useful.

For example having file node “Journal” with first level heading node “2021” with org sub-heading nodes for months (2021-01 January, 2021-02 February, …) and then link daily file nodes to these sub-headings. Basicaly using heading nodes as a skeleton for links.

As of now all heading nodes in “Journal” file are linked to “Journal” while my org brain expects them to follow the org heading hierarchy.

I’m missing the point then what benefit v2 file-independent org heading node feature brings if sub-heading leveling is irrelevant for linkage. In that case it’s better to stick to file per node structure and use only first level headings where it makes sense which seems kinda limiting and against org-mode principle (subjective opinion, I know :wink: )

In any way, it would be neat to have a switch that enables “Follow org heading node hierarchy” or similar. I believe it would find it’s users.

Edit1: Added an image to show the current behavior.
Edit2: Doubled “2021-08 August” is caused by strange behavior of org-roam when inserting a node into heading - it creates ID on current heading + separate file node with the same title and inserts the link to it.