Package dedicated to workflows publishing digital garden on web

This sounds cool, having the graphing convert into the one in public or be able to set it up from inside org–roam would reduce a lot of pain (It would be the function I personally would need/love… ).

I would love to have a simple way to export my notes similar to this guy Notes - Hugo Cisneros - Personal page

Most of their workflow is copied from Jethro’s braindump, but the dynamic graph is stunning.

If anyone knows how to achieve this, I’ll be grateful.

3 Likes

I continue to think about all of that, but in parallel i try to slowly migrating to nix (so much pain …).

Seeing your huge work to publish a great garden of notes @clintonboys , i think, hey, that could be really cool to think a “web into web”, linking/forking notes between garden ?!

For example if i found the note on https://hugocisneros.com/notes/online_privacy/ really complete, and i want to copy and enhance it on my garden, we could imagine a system to fork/link the original and the cloned note.

Scenarii :
A - I fork a note from @clintonboys into my personnal garden, org-roam produce a local copy that include a permanent link of the file on the git repo and comit of @clintonboys
B - I modify this local note, adding new idea, and after that i publish the new note on my personnal git/github.
C - two weeks later @clintonboys see i enrich his note on my garden with some new content. If it want org-roam directly propose a merge between the two distant notes.

We could also imagine that linking an external .org on another digital garden, org-roam propose to directly catch and display the external note when navigating into my local note with emacs.

The question is, how could we emit the beep sound/ notifications that say “hey @clintonboys someone fork your note here https://xxxx !”

I don’t know if it’s clear, this is another idea for future dev on publishing system @jethro @zaeph

1 Like

This idea of forking based collaborative wiki reminds me a lot of http://about.fed.wiki
I’m not sure whether something similar would be possible with a org-roam + git → static site based workflow, but I hope the framework of somehow adding forking - collaboration tools to digital garden paradigm eventually becomes the norm.

2 Likes

linking/forking notes between garden / forking based collaborative wiki

I keep notes on this topic here: Interlinking wikis

FedWiki is an amazing tool but a monoculture in some sense.

I’m not sure whether something similar would be possible with a org-roam + git → static site based workflow

Agora is a project that aggregates wikis that have been published as static sites. I publish my org-roam wiki to it by converting to Markdown+wikilinks using ox-agora and publish-agora.el. Eventually Agora will improve its org support and this intermediate export to Markdown won’t be needed.

IndieWeb principles and webmentions would also work towards this aim of interlinking and forking.

2 Likes

Ah very interesting, I recently encountered Agora myself, I hadn’t thought of trying to export my roam files to be compatible with it. Its intent to support org will be something to look forward too!. I agree on the monoculture point about fedwiki, I have never used it partially for that reason. It would be nice for users to be able to system the like for their personal notes and mark for publishing to a collaborative linked wiki. I guess the tradeoff for added freedom for each user is more overhead to bring things together into a shared context. Not that thats a bad thing. I’ll check out your interlinking wikis page.

Edit: looked over your interlinking wikis page. Maybe tiddlywiki could also be relevant to this train of thought? It makes it very easy to make your own local copy of any wiki which you can edit and do with what you will. Its not quite a smooth interlinking wikis workflow, but maybe another piece.
Maybe this discussion is getting off topic for the thread.

1 Like

Where do you go to talk to people about Agora? I got excited when I read about the project, and tried to get it to work. Installation was hard so I made a custom Docker environment for it, and even then I couldn’t get it to work. I posted an issue and never heard a response.

Flancian is usually very responsive in my experience on Mastodon or Twitter. Or the Agora room on Matrix.

1 Like

Linked to our discussion @doubleloop @JeffBrown @clintonboys It seems Athens follow a similar direction with CKM, RTC (Real Time Collab) : Season 2 of Athens — A Collective Vision ;

3 Likes

Another great news for Reproducibility, ZK using Haskell + Nix, the possibility to easily publish org-mode / org-roam with emanote emanote github, that superseed neuron from srid :

@jethro @zaeph , emanote is “quasi” org-mode/roam ready it seems : Add a second format (org-mode or ReST) · Issue #18 · srid/emanote · GitHub

3 Likes

I continue to explore project, recently i gain access to anytype. And wow, this is a wonderfull FOSS project.
API is not accessible, and actually there is only GUI acess … The tool is system agnostic, with some sharing capability in the near future. I hope link between emacs and org-mode will be possible using API.

Here my post on the forum :

1 Like