Org Roam on alpine linux

Hi, I’m trying to make a docker image with emacs and org roam specifically installed so that I can setup GitHub actions to automatically publish my org-roam notes to html. I got it working last night using debian as a base for my docker image but ideally I would like to use alpine to make my image smaller and more minimal. I did make sure to install gcc as that is a requirement to install emacs-sqlite3 (I believe).

With all of this I am still getting the following error: No EmacSQL SQLite binary available, aborting. I saw somewhere (possibly the README for emacs-sqlite3) that a binary for the sqlite must be present on the system so I did also trying install sqlite and was still getting this error. I did also trying using clang instead of gcc but this also didn’t resolve the error. I spent quite a bit of time trying to solve this myself but I am at quite a loss and when I look for others who have encountered this I only see people saying that gcc or clang must be installed.

If anyone has any information that can help me get past this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I actually figured out the issue! I had to also install libc-dev :laughing:. Hopefully this can help anyone else that encounters something like this. Once I do get this project fully fleshed out I do plan on documenting my setup, let me know if anyone is interested in my setup!

I’m interested, I have a gitlab pipeline for publishing my html, and I’d be interested to move it from Debian/Ubuntu to trim it down in speed.

https://commonplace.doubleloop.net/publishing-org-roam-via-gitlab-ci

Hey doubleloop! Its super awesome to have you of all people reach out because your guide here: How I publish my wiki with org-publish was actually the inspiration for me to try and set this! I haven’t thrown a license on it yet but here is my repo: GitHub - maker2413/OrgRoamPublish: A docker image that can be used to publish org-roam files into html. feel free to grab anything from it because I plan on open sourcing it anyway. My publish.el script is very barebones and only installs packages at the moment whereas yours is full fleshed out from what I have seen. I imagine you could drop the Dockerfile into your repo and it should work but please let me know if I need to add any more packages or if you hit any other errors.

1 Like