Org-roam major redesign

I feel that these three sections are good default. Feedback (tested on Ubuntu Linux via virtual machine on Windows):

1. It would be good that org-roam-mode-sections will be a customise variable with a default — e.g. the three sections. I am sure that’s your intention :slight_smile:
  2. I would appreciate documentation for the sections and the new org-roam-buffer in general
    Again, just confirming what I believe you are already thinking of — I had to go into your dotconfig on GH to understand what are the acceptable values
  3. Ripgrep for unlinked reference section was a bit tricky
    This is not directly about Org-roam V2 but about Ripgrep and OS package manager, I think; nevertheless, I felt it would be worth mentioning somewhere (especially when Ubuntu is popular):
  • Ubuntu (20.x.x) apt does not provide Ripgrep with pcre2 option — the scoop package manager on Windows does (!). I resorted to compiling Ripgrep myself (easy enough, but…)
  • PATH setting was a bit tricky. shell-command in Emacs did not recognise rg in custom path (in my case, symlinked from ~/.cargo/bin). I had to do it from /usr/local/bin. I believe this is an Emacs quirk. For some reason, Emacs’s shell session recognised ~/.cargo/bin, so did Ubuntu’s Terminal app; not shell-command-to-string — I just assumed it is some sort of PATH setting in Emacs, but I didn’t dig any further.
2 Likes