Backlinks show ID & Link-Text which looks wrong to me?

Hey there,

within my backlink buffer, the backlinks are shown but in the form [[id:some-id][link title]] (see also attached screenshoot) which looks incorrect to me. Is there a way, to change this?

best regards,
frosch03

1 Like

Are you using Doom? There are a few issues about this. So far none of the “fixes” have solved it for me, though. Maybe you’ll have better luck: Links displayed in literal form in org-roam buffers · Issue #2198 · org-roam/org-roam · GitHub

It bugs me enough that I’ve been using Denote for notes :slight_smile: at least until I can find a fix.

Thanks a lot, actually your tip was golden. :+1:

For me, setting (setq org-fold-core-style “overlays”) as was suggested here, solved it.

Maybe I was lucky, as I’m running vanilla emacs (org 9.6 and org-roam 2.2.2)

Anyhow, thanks again! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For people landing here from Google, there is a big caveat to the hack above:

(setq org-fold-core-style 'overlays) works for displaying links correctly in org-roam buffers, but it prevents org-cycle from working correctly elsewhere in org-mode. This is odd because most references to problems with cycling claim that setting the style to “overlays” fixes problems with cycling. In my case, specifically, closing (folding) headings works when hitting TAB, but then they will not open (unfold?) by TAB-ing again. So currently I can either have nice links in Org-roam or proper cycling in Org files, but not both.

from https://github.com/org-roam/org-roam/issues/2198#issuecomment-1259588215

1 Like

You are right, I sadly can confirm, that ‘not unfolding again’ behavior is also true on my machine. Thanks for pointing it out!