Any installation guide suggestion for newbie

hi friends

I am new to org-roam and also emacs. I have been trying to install org-roam for three days. And ı couldn’t achieve it yet. The guides or some user suggestion are not user friendly for me ( I haven’t familiar with emacs and codes) and I couldn’t understand easily. Is there any videos which shows how to install and use org-roam for newbies. It ıs like solving a puzzle. it becomes like a pain for me. İf I couldn’t solve it, I am going to give up.

What platform are you using?

Hi Bruce

i am using mac. i installed GNU Emacs. And i installed org packages from melpa.

Hi again Bruce

This is my packages

https://imgur.com/Sd015CN

This my .emac confg

https://imgur.com/2DneK6k

This is when i open emacs seeing problem

`
Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading ‘/Users/s________an/.emacs’:

File is missing: Cannot open load file, No such file or directory, use-package

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
cause of the error in your initialization file. Start Emacs with
the ‘–debug-init’ option to view a complete error backtrace.

`

You don’t need to use images for plain text like that. You can just copy and paste it into a code block, and add console as the type. See here.

I can’t really help you; I’m not a Mac user, and I use Doom Emacs (which has built-in org-roam support). But I’m sure there are other Mac users here.

thank you very much. Should i install Doom Emacs ? is it easier ?

I think so. Give it a try, using the instructions in the org-roam
docs, and on the doom site?

Hi Bruce again i solved it eventually.

I found it youtube. i used this changes .

(use-package try
:ensure t)

(use-package which-key
:ensure t
:config
(which-key-mode))

Anyway, thank you very much. I will try doom after become familiar with emacs. Thank you again.

Hi Drsnn,

Just wondering how did you get the installation done on Mac. I am using Mac and totally have no clue where to start the installation. Would you please help to give a bit more details on how to get the installation done?

Thanks.

How about my guide for a beginner?

I won’t pretend that it is for macOS, but I believe you could use it a reference (if you do not get anything specific to Mac). Mac comes with sqlite3 already installed, and if you can obtain Emacs, then the rest should be mostly the same.

Also… If you would like to configure org-roam-server for visualization, I helped someone in this forum, borrowing a mac. Make graph nodes link back to their notes