Subdirectory files not populating backlinks?

Hello,

I have just started using org-roam, and am just getting the hang of it, but it seems like backlinks aren’t working properly for subdirectories.

I have my normal org-roam directory, ~/org, and my org-journal directory, ~/org/journal.

In an org-journal file, I can create an org-roam link for “foo”, however the backlinks buffer for “foo” does not have a link back to the org-journal file.

Additionally, I cannot link to my org-journal files from normal org-roam note files. Is there something I need to do differently?

Thanks!

I don’t see any reason why this wouldn’t work, based on your description.

Have you saved both the journal-file and foo.org?

Yeah, I have saved both.

I don’t think I’m doing anything too weird in my config. Pretty much bare minimum setup for org-journal, and I’m running the Doom emacs org-roam module, with a few keybindings modified.

Alright, I did some experimenting. It seems that files in subdirectories are working fine with org-roam, except when they are created by running org-journal-new-entry.

I don’t use org-journal, so I’d be hard-pressed to help you. If you try to investigate a little more, you should be able to get to the bottom of this without too much trouble. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to ping me again, and I’ll have a look.

What is the file name of the file created by org-journal? The default for org-journal is i believe an extensionless file, which doesnt get picked up by org-roam.

This was it, makes sense!

I was using the default for org-journal: %Y%m%d. After changing naming to append an org extension, things are working great.

Thanks both for the help.