Package release: Org-Roam-UI

Any header in A to header in B link would be a direct id link that is stored in the DB. org-roam-ui mostly just grabs links from the DB so that how it is in the graph too

1 Like

The “link to heading node” behavior is now available in the latest build! You can toggle between linking the child nodes to the next highest heading node, linking them to the parent file, or not link them at all.

1 Like

^ Awesome! Thank you! Now it’s even more obvious that org-roam should reflect those links in org-roam-buffer too, ideally with same filter switch options i.e. as variable value.

Thank you again, great work!

1 Like

From now on, in addition to the changelog on GitHub I will also be updating this thread with semi-significant changes to org-roam-ui, at least until I’ve found a better way of doing so. If anyone has a good idea for keeping these in sync let me know!

1 Like

Oct 6: In ui theme switching. It was already possible to change org-roam-ui to match your Emacs theme, but now you can find a ton of theme presets (based on doom-themes) in the Visuals menu!

Oct 6: New filter for dailies.

dailies

Oct 11:
File previewing is now live!

6 Likes

Nov 2: Collapsible headings and outline view!

4 Likes

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Most, though not all, of my org-roam nodes are linked together in some way. But my orui only seems to be aware of the intra-file connections?

I’ve got around 800 org-roam files, and many links between them.

Nevermind – this problem was fixed by updating the way I tell Doom to load org-roam v2. I was apparently on a terminal v2 branch or something, but not any more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edit:
Sorry, my bad. I got the wrong repo.

I’m working to get my Md-roam to catch up to V2.
ORUI does show my markdown files, too. Very cool :slight_smile:

Thank you.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that resolved itself!

Cool! I am actually interested in making orui compatible with MD files, and properly rendering them should not be very difficult, I can see if I can add that over the weekend.

1 Like

That will be fantastic :+1:

Markdown compatibility has been added in the latest commit! Most features should work, but the markdown parsing ecosystem is somewhat more “build what you want” so some things might not work. I don’t use markdown that much so its hard to check, so let me know if any things missing!

1 Like

@ThomasFKJorna

Thank you. I think it’s super cool!

Even the custom wiki links work – using aliases for wiki links don’t seem to be recognised but that’s really trivial for me. Awesome :slight_smile:

In this image, “Markdown guide” before Summary heading is a wiki link with an alias. It seems to be a link but the target is not identified.

[[Pandoc]] in the middle of the paragraph is also a wiki link with a title of another note. It works perpectly :smiley:

1 Like

Glad to hear it works well! Yeah I haven’t implemented aliases yet (for some reason when I add an alias to a node it gets removed from the db and added as an “index”, should probably make an issue out of that), but will in the future. The wiki-links took some manual work because I think they’re great!

Is this supported in standard org-roam? If not, any chance you would want to extract that as a separate package? From what I’ve glanced they seem to make a simple call using org-roam-title-or-alias (or whatever it’s called), but there’s probably more going on!

Org-roam has this. Jethro also has this extension to display title of the linked note

The wiki link feature is part of Markdown-mode. I’m relying on its follow-wiki-link function.

1 Like

I just want to say that I’ve been using ORUI for about a month and its stellar. Also copied massive chunks of your “pretty org mode” @ThomasFKJorna.

Great job all around. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

Has anyone tried running org-roam-ui on android via termux? Is there any reason why it wouldn’t work (besides the limitations of a phone touchscreen)?