I regularly find a paper online (e.g. on Arxiv) that I’d like to manage locally with
This workflow seems pretty common, but I’m achieving it with too many manual steps. Either I’ve missed some important documentation, or some automation is missing.
Here’s what works for me.
- download the pdf to a local location.
- navigate to the bottom of my
- paste the paper title as the search
- select “crossref”
- press “i” on the best option, which inserts the bibtex entry in
- rename the downloaded pdf to <cite_key>.pdf
- In the relevant org file, run
org-ref-helm-insert-cite-link) to insert a link to the new reference
returnon the link and select the “Add Notes” option.
- Move the point to the generated
org-noterheading and run
This only works for papers that crossref finds. For others, I skip
org-roam-bibtex entirely and just use
For reference, my config is here.
Any suggestions welcome!